You and your partner will swoon over the delectable combination of sweet, ripe fig filled with creamy goat cheese and drizzled with tangy balsamic and honey. All natural and gluten free, perfect for a romantic appetizer or healthy snacking after a little love in the afternoon!
- 12 Black Mission figs, halved vertically
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2-3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven preheats, melt the butter in a small saucepan, along with the balsamic vinegar, honey, and a hefty pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Place the figs, cut side up, in a baking dish the size of a pie pan. Top each fig half with a 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar syrup over the figs.
- Roast in the oven until very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with flaky salt.
Image Attribution: POPSUGAR Photography / Nicole Perry